.

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Graduation Speech -- Graduation Speech, Commencement Address

I realize that, during these short minutes I have to address my fellow classmates, all I truly have to offer you are my own thoughts and a little bit of philosophy that I have picked up during my three years here at West High School. Throughout our high school careers, we have been presented with clichà ©s and catch-phrases that are meant to epitomize our entire school career into three or four words: Class of 2000, Bridge to the Millennium, and The Future is Now. As true as all of those phrases may be, I do not believe that any of them can define our entire education. The common tie between all of those themes is this: They all focus on what is to come. They tell us of how we should be years from now, as opposed to acknowledging how we are at this moment. What I want to focus on now i...

No comments:

Post a Comment